These Terms and Conditions apply to membership of the “Northern Territory Chamber of Commerce and Industry Incorporated” (Chamber NT).
- Refer to Benefits Schedule for your applicable membership category on the Chamber NT website.
- Chamber NT reserves the right to update and make change to these benefits at its discretion. Such changes will be made directly to the relevant membership product(s) detailed in the Benefits Schedule.
Complimentary Modern Awards Updates
- Modern Award updates are provided for eligible membership plans for each period of Chamber NT membership, as detailed in the Benefits Schedule.
Workplace Relations Phone Consults
- As detailed in the Benefits Schedule, for qualified membership packages, 30-minute IR, WPR, or WHS phone consults are provided for the first 12 months of membership. One (1) phone consultation for up to 30 minutes on issues relating to Industrial Relations, Human Resources, Workers Compensation, or Work Health and Safety is provided.
- Once the 30 minute or any portion thereof consultation has been used, the phone consult will be considered fully redeemed.
- If a company chooses to extend their consultation beyond 30 minutes, they do so with the understanding that they will enter into an engagement agreement with Chamber NT (signed Chamber NT proposal) and will be charged at the member hourly rate.
- Any business that has an established arrangement (signed Chamber NT proposal) to engage a Chamber NT Senior Consultant cannot redeem the phone consult.
Complimentary Training Vouchers
- Training vouchers are provided for eligible membership products for each year of membership, as detailed in the Benefits Schedule.
- Training vouchers are single use per training and any unused portion will be forfieted.
- Values are inclusive of GST: voucher to be used in any one scheduled training course conducted at a location nominated by Chamber NT.
The Northern Territory Business Directory
- Each active member/subscriber who has a physical presence in Northern Territory is allowed one business listing in the Business Directory.
- If a company wants to include many businesses in the Directory separately, they can purchase extra digital Subscriptions to get more business listings.
Business @ Sunset (B@S)
- B@S is Chamber NT’s premier networking event, held monthly and hosted by Advantage, Advantage Plus, Corporate and Business Partner members. It is regularly attended by up to 200 participants.
Note: additional cost to host the event are applicable.
Duration of Membership
Membership of Chamber NT is subject to payment of an annual membership fee for a period of 12 months, unless otherwise notified.
Annual membership commences on the date of acceptance of each membership application.
Each renewal of membership is for a further period of 12 months, from the anniversary of the membership acceptance date unless otherwise notified.
The annual membership fee is a set fee based on the category listed on your invoice or direct debit agreement.
You agree to pay the amount due on any membership fee invoice (original or renewal, including any amended invoice), within 14 days of the date of the invoice, unless you have elected to pay by credit card via online check out, or have entered into an arrangement to pay your annual membership fee by 12 equal direct-debit instalments, as listed on the Schedule of Benefits.
Chamber NT offers an option to pay the annual membership fee under a direct debit arrangement. Under such an arrangement, the annual fee, plus processing costs, will be paid by equal monthly instalments over a 12-month period. If you take up this option, you acknowledge that the membership fee remains annual in duration, and the annual fee becomes due from the first day of the new renewable period. Taking up the direct debit instalment payment option does not convert the membership period from annual to monthly.
Annual membership fees are not refundable upon membership resignation.
If you direct your financial institution to cease instalments prior to the final instalment under the current arrangement being made, Chamber NT reserves the right to collect the balance of the annual fee that remains outstanding. Chamber NT also reserves the right to pass on any additional costs it incurs in the collection of this outstanding debt including Debt Collection costs including Commissions, default interest of up to 2.0% per month and any legal costs that maybe incurred.
Membership fees will be reviewed annually and may be subject to an increase at Chamber NT's discretion. You will be given written notice of any change to the annual membership fees at least 14 days prior to the date of renewal. You are deemed to have accepted such a change unless you give written notice of cancellation of your membership within 14 days of notice of the change to the annual membership fees.
Renewal and cancellation of membership services
If you do not wish to renew or would like to opt out of your membership, you are required to provide Chamber NT a written notice of resignation of membership 30 days prior to the expiry of the current membership period.
If such a written notice is not received, this will result in the automatic renewal of your membership for the following 12 months, along with the liability to pay the membership fee for that period.
A written notice of resignation of your membership should be sent via e-mail to [email protected]
or by mail to Membership Engagement, Chamber of Commerce NT, GPO Box 1825, Darwin, 0801.
If you do not enter a direct debit arrangement, and your annual membership invoice remains outstanding for more than 60 days from the date it is due for payment, then Chamber NT reserves the right to cancel your membership. Correspondence in the form of email and phone calls will be made reminding you of the amount outstanding and the process of resignation.
Membership categories within Chamber NT who are entitled to Full Member Voting Rights at Chamber Annual or Special General Meetings, are detailed in the Benefits Schedule.
Fair use of information and advice
You agree that any information or advice provided to you by Chamber NT is provided for the use of the member only, unless otherwise agreed. You agree not to use the information or advice for commercial resale or gain. You agree not to provide such information or advice to any third party for the use or benefit of the third party.
You agree not to use your access to Chamber NT information and advice to obtain information or advice for the use of a third party (including any subsidiaries or related companies that are not members of Chamber NT).
In the event the information or advice provided to you by Chamber NT, is provided to any third party, Chamber NT reserves the right to suspend or cancel the provision of further services to you until such time as it is satisfied that you have ceased to do so. No refund of any membership fee paid will be due upon such suspension or cancellation. Any unpaid membership fee will remain due and payable as a debt to Chamber NT.
Chamber NT is not liable for any loss or damage caused to a member due to the non-provision of membership services to that member as a result of the suspension or cancellation of such services to the member, or as a result of Chamber NT changing the services it provides, or no longer offering services in the exercise of its discretion.
Information provided by Chamber NT and its employees, officers and agents is of a general nature only and is not legal, accounting, or other professional advice. While all reasonable endeavours are made to ensure the accuracy of information provided, Chamber NT accepts no liability for any action, or decision not to act, taken by you on the basis of the information provided to you, or for any error in or omission in the information provided by Chamber NT, or any loss or damage caused to you or any other person whether a member of Chamber NT or not, as a result of information provided by Chamber NT being inaccurate.
Any information or advice given by a Chamber NT employee, whether over the telephone, in person or in writing, is based on the facts and information provided to the Chamber NT employee by the member. If incomplete or inaccurate information or facts are provided by the member, it may change the advice or information that would be given by the Chamber NT employee. Chamber NT accepts no liability for any action, or decision not to act, taken by you on the basis of the information or advice provided to you, or for any error in or omission in the information or advice provided by Chamber NT, or any loss or damage caused to you or any other person whether a member of Chamber NT or not, as a result of information or advice provided by Chamber NT being inaccurate.
Without limiting these above disclaimers, no responsibility or liability is accepted by Chamber NT for any losses incurred in contract, tort, negligence, or any other cause of action, or any liability for any loss of profit, loss of opportunity, loss of revenue, loss of data, loss from computer viruses or any indirect or consequential loss.
Chamber NT urges you to obtain advice from an appropriately qualified professional before acting, or deciding not to act, based on the information or advice provided by Chamber NT, its employees, officers, and agents.
Changes to Chamber NT’s Terms & Conditions or Benefits Schedule
You agree that Chamber NT may change these terms and conditions at any time.
Chamber NT agrees to publish any change to its terms and conditions on its website. Chamber NT’s terms and conditions as published on its website apply until the date of any change to the terms and conditions published on the Chamber NT website.
You agree that Chamber NT may change the schedule of benefits at any time.
You agree that Chamber NT may communicate with you by e-mail, including any notices regarding your membership, membership fees, renewal or Chamber NT services, using the e-mail address you have provided at the time of joining or renewal of your Chamber NT membership.